Mmmm chili! This is my loaded one of a kind healthy turkey chili recipe. It is super versatile, so add and take away whatever you like! This started off as vegetarian style, but I think the turkey gives it a great touch. The great thing about this is you pre-cook a few things (for better flavour) and dump it in and you are done!
This is also a great meal to prep and put into a freezer bag and dump it in the crock pot when you feel like it.
Tip: Makes a great nacho topping or Tortilla chip dip.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours on high
Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 TBSP oil
- 1/2 lb of ground turkey
- 1/2 lb of lean ground pork
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalepeno pepper finely diced
- 1 CUP of diced mushrooms
- 1 can (796ml 28 fl oz) of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (341 ml 12 fl oz) of reduced salt corn kernels
- 1 can (796 ml 28 fl oz) of six bean blend – juice drained
- 1/2 TSP ground black pepper
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1/2 TSP onion powder
- 1/2 TSP garlic salt
- 1/4 TSP cumin
- Hot pepper sauce and chili flakes to taste
- In a pan, heat oil and add onion, garlic, mushrooms and pepper. Cook until onions are soft (about 2-3 minutes) and dump in the crock pot.
- Add Turkey and pork to your empty pan and cook until brown. Break up any large pieces. Add to crock pot.
- Pour half of diced tomatoes into crock pot, the other half into a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Pour mixture into crock pot.
- All all remaining ingredients to the crock pot. Stir and add additional seasoning to taste. Leave in crock pot on high for 4 hours.
End result should be a delicious blend of meat and vegetables that is good for you. For fun add a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, avocado and some lime juice.