Ok, so this Vegetable Tortellini Soup recipe is super super easy. I know its summer, but I happen to catch an episode of The Pioneer Woman and she had a delicious looking simple soup and I had to try it.
Using this recipe, I made this vegetable tortellini soup with just slight alterations and it was delicious! Even in the summer. I also found that the soup tasted better the next day after the vegetable took in the broth a bit more.
Yes it is five ingredients because you are using things like tortellini that are pre-made, but are you really complaining?
I’m keeping these ingredients on hand so I can just whip this up when I feel like it.
I also want to add that the Pioneer Woman had a lot of great simple one pan recipes that i will be trying. There is nothing I hate more than finishing preparing an awesome meal that I put all my energy into and then looking around to see a kitchen full of bowls, pots an pans. Ugh!
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
5 Ingredient Vegetable Tortellini Soup Ingredients:
- 1 250 gram package of Cheese Tortellini
- 8 CUPS (2 boxes) of Vegetable Broth
- 156ml can of Tomato Paste
- 375 grams 0f Mixed Frozen Vegetables (half a 750g bag)
- 3/4 CUP Cream
- May use any additional spices I recommend what she used: Salt, Pepper, Basil and Parsley to taste
- Bring vegetable broth to boil and then add the whole can of tomato paste. Stir and break of clumps until completely smooth.
- Add 1/2 cream, taste to ensure the soup is the creaminess desired, add more if desired. I added 3/4 cup total/
- Add frozen vegetables and let the soup return to simmer.
- Add Tortellini until cooked, if fresh 3-5 minutes (may take a little longer is from frozen).
- Add desired spices, taste and adjust as necessary. Enjoy!